IISS Bhopal wanted to develop an IoT-based solution where they could be able to get accurate, real time soil moisture sensor data to assist irrigation scheduling on time.
OTI Relationship with Client
Therefore IISS wanted to develop a system that would be able to monitor the accurate condition of the field for better decision making and in the future provide this system to every farmer to increase productivity.
The machines and the spare parts need continuous monitoring and previously the software that client was using was not an effective one.
Therefore, this whole system needs to be digitally operated with minimum human intervention with the use of IoT sensors to get adequate information about the moisture at a remote place for better decision-making. Also, crucial protection must be provided to the whole system at the hardware edge.
We have designed a flexible, and compatible system to monitor the agricultural field conditions thereby incorporating the digital transformation by using various types of nodes and a unique gateway as a central hub that later sends the data to the cloud.
This gateway works as a centralized element to manage sensor deployed on the field using secure wireless communication. It works as a key element managing remote networks using Ethernet/WiFi connectivity.
- Efficient Processor: 900 MHz, Quad core ARM Cortex A7 CPU
- 1 GB RAM, 16 GB on-board storage memory and 64 GB external memory support
- ARM GNU/Linux Operating System and Wireless Local connectivity using 2.4 GHz ZigBee
- Cloud connectivity using 802.11 b/g/n WiFi, 10/100 Base T Ethernet
- Easy to install and light weight
Works as an intelligent intermediator sending data to the cloud for real time ananlysis of the the moisture on the field to get to the soil condition better
- User friendly / Simplified
- Continuous monitoring
- Results driven data analytics
- Crucial data protection
Benefits against alternatives
- A system that is flexible enough to be placed on the field to monitor the soil condition.
- The specific gateway used in the solution make the process more simplified by monitoring the soil conditions
- Through the application on the user end the user can monitor the specific parameters thereby getting to analyze the whole process graphically.
- Time-to-time notifications and alerts will be prompted if the moisture level falls/rises by a certain level
Optimized Technologies Inc. has provided an End-to-End IIoT system with the help of customized gateways, cloud, and Web application software that can handle and validate the functionalities of the soil condition on a digital dashboard.
By transforming the whole process digitally, the entire functionality of monitoring the soil condition has been simplified hence allowing the users to effectively monitor, and analyze the whole process and overall agricultural process.
Why Optimized Technologies Inc.?
Optimized Technologies Inc. is an end-to-end IoT solutions provider, offering comprehensive services to businesses seeking to leverage the power of connected devices. We enable organizations to seamlessly integrate IoT technology into their operations, driving efficiency and innovation. With expertise in device connectivity, data management, analytics, and application development, we deliver tailored solutions that address specific challenges. Our expertise spans across industries, and our commitment to excellence ensures that our clients receive the highest level of service and support throughout their IoT journey. Partner with us to embark on a transformative IoT journey and unlock new possibilities for your business.